A first of its kind, the Mavic Air is DJI’s smallest drone in the Mavic Pro line-up to feature a 3-axis, gimbal-stabilised 4K camera. Aimed at outdoor photographers and adventure filmmakers, this foldable drone can record 4K/30p video at bit rates up to 100Mbps and Full HD video at 120fps for slow motion action shots. It can also create 32MP spherical panoramas and capture 12MP RAW stills.
Key Features: DJI Mavic Air Drone – Onyx Black
- DJI’s most portable camera drone ever to have a 3-axis, gimbal-stabilised 4K camera
- Foldable and extremely lightweight (430g – 41% lighter than the Mavic Pro)
- Powerful 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor and 24mm f/2.8 wide-angle lens (35mm equivalent)
- 4K/30p video at bit rates up to 100Mbps using the H.264 codec
- Full HD at 120fps for smooth slow motion video
- Horizontal, Vertical, and 180° panoramas and 32-megapixel sphere panoramas
- 12-megapixel stills (JPEG & RAW)
- HDR Photos for more natural transitions between highlights and shadows
- SmartCapture – launch and control the drone with hand gestures
- 6 QuickShot Modes – Rocket, Dronie, Circle, Helix, Asteroid, and Boomerang
- FlightAutonomy 2.0 with Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems for a smarter, safer flight
- 8GB internal storage, MicroSD card slot and a USB-C port
- 3-Directional Environment Sensing
- 21-minute max flight time
For a full list of specifications, visit DJI’s website here.
DJI – Mavic Air – Introducing the Mavic Air
In the box:
- 1x Mavic Air
- 1x Remote Controller
- 1x Intelligent Flight Battery
- 1x Charger
- 1x Power Cable
- 4x Propellers
- 1x Propeller Guards (set)
- 1x RC Cable (lighting connector)
- 1x RC Cable (USB standard Micro USB connector)
- 1x RC Cable (USB Type-C connector)
- 1x Gimbal Protector
- 1x Communication Cable (USB 3.0 Type-C)
- 1x USB Adapter
- 1x RC Cable Slider (large)
- 2x RC Cable Slider (small)
- 1x Carrying Case
- 1x Spare Control Sticks (pair)
DJI – Song of Myself – Shot on Mavic Air
3-Axis Gimbal Camera
The Mavic Air is the most portable DJI drone to house a 3-axis mechanical gimbal, with its angular vibration range reduced to 0.005°. Set in a triangular formation, gimbal dampeners help create even steadier shots.
32 MP Sphere Panoramas
In addition to Horizontal, Vertical, and 180° panoramas, the Mavic Air stitches 25 photos together in just eight seconds to create crystal-clear 32 MP Sphere panoramas.1 View them from an immersive perspective with DJI Goggles.
4K 100 Mbps Video
The Mavic Air shoots video at an incredible 4K 30 fps, recording at 100 Mbps to capture every second with UHD quality.
With support for recording 1080p 120 fps slow-motion video, the Mavic Air captures all your epic high-speed adventures.
New HDR algorithms help you obtain the right exposure settings intelligently, according to lighting conditions. Overexposed or dark areas are processed for more natural transitions between highlights and shadows, while DSP acceleration allows for more efficient shooting.
12 MP Stills
The Mavic Air’s onboard camera integrates a 1/2.3″ 12-megapixel CMOS sensor and an f/2.8 lens with a 35-mm equivalent focal length of 24 mm to shoot high-quality photos and videos.
8 GB Internal Storage
In addition to a Micro SD card slot, 8 GB of internal storage let you save photos and videos directly to the aircraft and export files through its USB 3.0 Type-C port.
Expressing geometric precision, the Mavic Air’s arms fold flush against its aerodynamic chassis. Magnesium alloy brackets reinforce the seven onboard cameras, rear vents dissipate heat efficiently, and the primary gimbal camera is recessed for better protection.
3D Foldable Design
As tall and wide as a smartphone when folded, the Mavic Air is an ultraportable drone that stretches the boundaries of what’s possible for a device its size.
Foldable Remote Controller
The dedicated remote controller uses a foldable, low-profile, ergonomic design to hold your smartphone for maximum convenience. Detachable control sticks store inside the remote controller to pack more comfortably on the go.
ActiveTrack can sense up to 16 selectable subjects simultaneously,2 letting you choose the right tracking subject. With higher tracking precision and broader scenario applications, ActiveTrack follows targets even when they’re running, jumping, or cycling.
Choose from six different QuickShots — Rocket, Dronie, Circle, Helix, Asteroid, and Boomerang. All are just a tap away and will get you those epic selfie drone videos without needing to think about composing your shot. Share your new creations to social media through the DJI GO 4 app instantly.
Fun, simple, and intuitive, SmartCapture offers a new and interactive way of controlling the Mavic Air by hand. Launch and control the drone with hand gestures, then take photos or videos however you like.
If you want to focus on just your shot, select TapFly in DJI GO 4, which lets you fly wherever you tap on your mobile device screen. TapFly works in Forward, Backward, Free, and Coordinate modes, and you can adjust flight speed to suit all your aerial needs.
Using advanced VIO technology, the powerful sensor system in FlightAutonomy 2.0 consists of a primary gimbal camera, forward, backward, and downward dual-vision sensors, downward infrared sensing system, IMU redundancies, and a group of computing cores. Together, they collect and transmit information from the surrounding environment to the high-performance processor for more precise hovering and better flight performance. Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems (APAS) allow the aircraft to bypass obstacles in front of and behind it actively. Your grand adventures of discovery have never been so safe and easy.
|Battery Model||2375 mAh Intelligent Flight Battery|
|Climb Speed (m/s)||3|
|Controller Operating Frequency||2.400 – 2.4835 GHz|
|Descent speed (m/s)||2|
|Dimensions||168 x 83 x 49 mm (Folded) 168 x 184 x 64 mm (Unfolded)|
|Flight time (Minutes)||21|